RSS

Monday, October 12, 2009

PRE-PRODUCTION SCHEDULE


Before we start filming the Footage me and Alex must complete a set of tasks which will increase the quality of the movie but also help things run more smoothly as we know everything we need to accomplish before we start to film. Our progress on these Pre-production tasks will be available to track on our blogs.

The list of what we plan to do for our Pre-production tasks:
  • Researching and Analysing Short Films - We will watch and analyse a number of short films to find the codes and conventions so we can apply these to our film.
  • Genre Research - Ill do an in-depth analysis of the Horror Genre so i fully understand what makes a good horror movie and pick up some Techniques to enable me to create one.
  • Location Scouting - I will look for some locations where i can shoot our film that will fit into the theme of our movie.
  • Casting - We will look into people to act in our film who fit the character molds. We will the do this by advertising on the Social Networking site Facebook, asking at our school Drama Department for potential actors/actresses and just generally ask people who would fit the role.
  • Soundtrack - We will commission a musician to compose our Soundtrack from the Music Department at School but we must also do some research into Horror Soundtracks to give the Composer an idea of what the Soundtrack should Sound like.
  • Screenplay and Storyboard - I will generate these for guidance as i do the filming so i know what shots i need and what the actors/actresses say.
  • Research into Target Audiences - I will conduct some research into my target audience to see what things appeal to them and what they would like to see in my movie.
  • Costume, Props & Set-Design - During all this research i will be compiling a list of costumes and props i will need during the shoot and what the sets need to look like.
  • Create a Teaser Poster - I will also make a teaser poster to attract a fan following and peak interest in my movie before its even released.
DEADLINE



I aim to have the Film finished and my blog finished to the best of my abilities before Christmas break so that i can hand it into Mr Burrowes (The Media Teacher).

0 comments:

Post a Comment